Helping Good People Find Great Solutions

An Orange County Family Law Blog

A blog dedicated to issues a divorcing couple faces.

Moving Away and Changing Custody

If a final custody order has been entered and a non-custodial parent would like to move to a different state and take a minor child with him or her, the moving parent must prove several items. The moving parent must first prove that there has been a change in circumstances since the last custody order was entered. The change of circumstances must be such that it would be essential or expedient for the welfare of the child that there be a change in custody. In addition, the moving parent must show that changing physical custody would not detrimentally affect the minor child’s interest in continuity and stability. The final thing the parent must prove is that relocating the child is in the child’s best interest.

If you need a divorce lawyer in the Orange County area to discuss a family law matter such as moving away or any other dissolution issue such as child support, spousal support, custody, transmutation or property division, contact Treviño Law, Inc. Conveniently located off of the 5 and 405 freeway at Lake Forest.

Although the posting of this information can be considered free legal advice for an Orange County divorce, it does not guarantee a result. There may be other circumstances that play a significant role in any dissolution which may alter the outcome of a divorce. A divorce lawyer will be knowledgeable about the significance of facts. Those factors should be reviewed and argued by a family law attorney in Orange County.

This is a legal advertisement for Treviño Law, Inc, an Orange County family law firm. Please note that this legal advice does not establish a family law attorney-client relationship.