Helping Good People Find Great Solutions

An Orange County Family Law Blog

A blog dedicated to issues a divorcing couple faces.

Modification of Child Support

Child support can be modified at any time as long as there is a change in circumstances. If one spouse loses his or her job, that spouse can request the court to modify child support downward. If the paying spouse begins to earn more money, then the payee spouse can request the court to modify the amount of child upward. The paperwork needs to be filed as soon as the party knows of the change in circumstances. The court will only change the order for child support back to the date of filing the request to change the amount of child support.

If you need a divorce lawyer in the Orange County area to discuss a family law matter such as child support or any other dissolution issue such as spousal support, custody, transmutation or property division, contact Treviño Law, Inc. Conveniently located off the 5 and 405 freeway at Lake Forest.

Although the posting of this information can be considered free legal advice for an Orange County divorce, it does not guarantee a result. There may be other circumstances that play a significant role in any dissolution which may alter the outcome of a divorce. A divorce lawyer will be knowledgeable about the significance of facts. Those factors should be reviewed and argued by a family law attorney in Orange County.

Please note that this legal advice does not establish a family law attorney-client relationship. This is a legal advertisement for Treviño Law, Inc, an Orange County family law firm.